Good morning visitors to BradyHeights.org!
Though it has been a long time since our last post to this blog page, life and work continues in the Brady Heights Historic District; that includes some update work on this very website to provide some more information about our 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization as well as our neighborhood itself.
If you look at the menu on the top of this page, you'll find some slight rearrangement has happened. We now have navigation items for "About," "Nonprofit Organization," "2015 Home Tour Archive," "Calendar," "Blog," and "Resources." Allow me to take a few minutes to do some quick-hits on what they all mean.
- History -- Eventually we'll chronicle more of the story of the neighborhood, but for now there's a quick introduction.
- Frequently Asked Questions -- As we hear questions within the neighborhood and around Tulsa and the community, we'll add them hear with answers.
Coming soon to the About section is a page on Local Attractions which may only be a walk or short drive from our near-downtown neighborhood in North Tulsa, as well as page on Who We Are which will profile willing neighbors about how they came to this neighborhood and what makes this place home to them.
- Credo and Mission Statement -- These are statements which have guided the neighborhood's nonprofit organization since its inception in 1980. Small changes have occurred over the course of 35 years, but the core intent remains.
- Leadership Structure -- Learn more about the organization's Officer and Board Director structure, as well as committees which have been set up.
- Wess and Cathryn Young Community Service Award -- Learn more about the lives of Wess and Cathryn Young--the first President of our neighborhood nonprofit organization and his wife--and why an annual award is given in their name and memory. A full list of winners is included.
- Meeting Agenda and Minutes -- Since meetings of our neighborhood's nonprofit organization are open to the public, we are going to endeavor to do a better job posting completed meeting minutes as well as future meeting agendas to our website before meetings occur.
- Current Projects -- Although some projects listed on this page are only in the formative brainstorm stage, these are projects that are currently being pursued by the neighborhood nonprofit organization.
2015 Home Tour Archive
The 2015 Brady Heights Historic Home Tour was the most successful event of its kind on record in our history; if for any reason you missed it--or if you just want to re-live the day again--we've preserved an archive including:
- 2015 Photo Gallery
- Featured Homes
- Other Destinations
- Design Competition Details
This active calendar lists out all of our meeting dates through the remainder of 2016, and will be populated with any relevant events as details are finalized. Events can be added to your Google or Outlook calendars with a single click.
- Links -- This page includes links to other organizations in the City of Tulsa and our local community, as well as links to resources for people working on their homes.
- Contact -- This page includes a form which can be used to ask questions, request information, or any other kind of contact to the people responsible for the upkeep of the website.
Is there anything else you'd like to see on the website? Let us know in the comments here, or feel free to come out to our next General Meeting on Saturday, May 21st at 10:30AM at Centenary United Methodist Church at 631 North Denver Avenue.
Brady Heights Historic District, Inc.